Micro courses are excellent and they come with great zeal. It is a simple and fast way to complete a course. It may be suitable for lessons that have immediate results. Micro courses usually are completed in one or two hours they are dependent on the topic.
The characteristic of micro-learning is brevity; the learning is brief-term training. It offers a short and concise subject matter to the learners for their convenience. The training can be in any format either regular subject or completely interactive session.
The content used in micro-learning could be like:
- Text (short paragraphs, short stories, case studies)
- Images (photos, illustrations)
- Audio (small audio related to the subject can be played)
- Tests and Quizzes
- Activities for the trainees
Trainer can use any teaching aid from the above mentioned to make the class interesting and easily understandable.
Micro courses are very much accepted by people all around the world because of the duration and ease of completion of course. Another important thing is the students can put t into practice just after one session.
Examples of Micro courses are:
- Revising the existing content with the students
- Health and Safety drills
- On boarding staff training
- Subtopics of lessons
- Financial management
- Goal setting
- Listening skills
This model is suitable for the present era due to the short attention span.
- Its Faster to complete: Micro courses are fast-paced the subject is covered within the specific time. The course can be on hourly basis if the subject can be finished in a day or the hours can be spread for few days.
- It is Affordable: It is cost-effective as you pick the subject you want to learn and pay for it.
- Its Flexible: There is more flexibility as the portion is covered in small units it is simplifying the complex subjects.
- Students find it more interactive: Micro courses are more interactive as compared to the regular online courses. Students are more interested as they know it will get over quickly.
- It Boosts Knowledge: Micro courses are short and concise they are easy to remember and they provide enough information in a simple yet effective way.
- It offers freedom: Students find freedom in learning micro courses as they have the right to choose what they want to learn even the trainers have a sense of accomplishment as the course wraps up soon.
Exposure on Facebook:
Micro courses are trending, people look for things to learn quickly and they want to see immediate results. For the certification courses they need to spend anywhere from one month to six months or even more. But time constraint is something that we need to keep in mind.
Facebook is one of the best marketing options for the micro-courses, the ways to market with facebook are mentioned below.
Marketing through social media:
Facebook will provide you an organic way to reach out to people looking for such courses. Facebook helps you to directly interact with the audience and direct them to your website; it will grow the business by loyalty. Facebook is the champion in social media marketing it is the site where everyone connects. It has become a venue for businesses and companies to advertise their products. It is seamless and it allows the businesses to directly interact with customers.
- Facebook page
- Promotional posts
- Sponsored stories
- Facebook exchange
Micro courses are therefore very specific and useful for people looking out for fast-paced learning. If you want to choose micro-courses there are two options available with us:
Live Class and on-demand
Live class is where one of our trainers will be training a group of students for a specific period on a said date the class maybe for a day or few hours spread in a week. The students need to register for the same.
On-demand class is where a student can get a one-on-one training by the trainer the subject will be dealt for a single student.